Uniwell’s clear understanding of the essential elements of a successful point of sale terminal is based on decades of development experience and industry feedback.
We recognise the key requirements that many hospitality operators and retailers have of their POS technology, and take these factors into consideration when designing our products.
- Business owners want to be confident that their POS hardware can continue to operate efficiently, not just for weeks and months, but for a considerable number of years.
- Uniwell POS terminals are purpose-built, so they are free of compatibility issues that can arise when a separate POS application is running on generic PC hardware.
- Uniwell POS terminals can store current transaction details almost instantly, allowing fast, accurate recovery from power outages and largely eliminating the risk of data corruption.
- Uniwell POS terminals can’t be used by operators to browse the internet or run other applications, and are less susceptible to fraudulent misuse.
- Due to Uniwell’s proprietary embedded software, there is no tangible threat of viruses, information leaks or unwanted updates.
- The costly and time consuming maintenance required by PC-based systems, including antivirus software and operating system updates and memory defragmentation, is unnecessary.
- The POS terminal needs to be simple for staff to navigate, and require minimal training when teaching new or casual team members how to operate it.
- The comprehensive features of the POS helps to automate processes, minimising staff errors, prompting the operator appropriately when needed and improving operational efficiency.
- A considerable amount of the maintenance that requires a professional technician, such as advanced program changes, can be handled remotely, saving on downtime.
Originally written and posted on Uniwell.com and used with permission.